Our starting salary for all Assistant Directors is £22,000. To acknowledge the increased cost of living in certain areas we offer an additional £1000 if you work in a centre within a 10 mile radius from the M25 and and additional £2500 if you work within the M25. When you become a Centre Director your salary will automatically increase to £26,000 and the location weightings still apply.
Each month you’ll be working towards ambitious bonuses that will contribute to driving your centre performance. If you achieve your targets you can earn an additional £4400 each year, when you progress to Centre Director this will increase to £7480.
You’re probably not thinking about this just yet, and that’s okay because we are! To help make sure that your future is comfy Explore will contribute up to 4% in a generous matching pension scheme, this increases to 8% when you become a Centre Director.
- Celebrations -Explorers love absolutely any opportunity for a get together and every year we have our glamorous Recognition Awards Dinner (the RADs) which is a swish black tie event with a delicious meal, disco and our spectacular Recognition Awards ceremony. In the summer we have an all-out Explore Fest which kick starts a Well-Being day and our Summer Conference, this is a huge fancy dress filled and BBQ fuelled get together in Hampshire and launches us into a wonderful company training event with free health and fitness classes available too.
- Quarterly Competitions – Fancy an all-expenses paid trip to Miami or New York? Then get stuck into showing us your competitive streak! Every quarter we reward our 3 top performing centres with an exciting holiday, our teams have been all over the globe from Marrakesh to Barcelona, New York to Dubai. Points really do mean prizes, just make sure you send us a post card!
- Celebrations – Our people are what makes Explore so special, so we really want to look after you, and make sure you’re looking after yourself. Our committee can offer support to you and provide you with resources and recommendations that will help you put your welfare first and equip you to juggle things both in work and out.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – If you’re passionate about the environment and your physical wellbeing then take advantage of our Cycle to work scheme. Essentially it means we’ll put up the initial outlay for your snazzy new wheels and you can pay us back over time tax free – win win!
- Payroll Giving – We’ve got this set up to help you get that warm fuzzy feeling from doing something good. Donating to your chosen charity is easy peasy done through payroll and it means that all of your donations are tax free.
- New Starter Loan – If you’re moving to get your career kick started with us then we want to make the whole process as smooth and easy as possible. We can grant you a loan to help, it might come in handy as a first months deposit or for buying a car, and you can then set up repayment at an affordable rate interest free straight from your pay cheque.
- Maternity Package – You will be supported all the way through your pregnancy at Explore. We have a ‘Mum’s the Word’ scheme, where we put you in touch with a buddy who has already been through the process and you will have one to one HR support right up to your return date.
- Holiday Allowance – Whatever your idea of a dream getaway is, we offer a generous holiday allowance of 25 days. On top of this we’re closed for 4 days over Christmas, and as a big thank you for all your hard work, we also give you an extra 2 days after 2 years and another 3 days after 5 years, happy holidaying!
- Staff Discount – We want everyone to benefit from Explore, one of our Values is Family, and so naturally we love to extend that to your family too! We extend an open invitation for them to come and try the centres with the offer of a half price membership should they want to join.
- Childcare Vouchers – You’ll have full access to our CCV scheme which is set up to help working parents’ access and afford quality childcare. Many of our members use CCV’s to pay for our costs and if you’re a parent you can access the scheme too and save as much as £1,000 per year.
- Referral Bonus -You’ll discover that with your passion and excitement for your job you’ll have friends and family who want to follow in your footsteps, and if they do we’ll give you lovely £500 for every Assistant Director that you recommend and £50 for every Tutor.
Length of Service
- Enhanced Maternity Pay – When you have been with us for 3 years, you will be entitled to our generous maternity pay package.
- Life Assurance – CD’s who have been with us for over 2 years will receive Life Assurance. As well as covering you if the worst were to happen, the scheme sets you up with your own personalised Employee Assistance Programme where professionally trained consultants will be available at any time to support you with any personal or work related issues.
- Vitality Health Insurance – CD’s that have been with us for more than 2 years and AD’s that have been at Explore for over 5 years can join our Vitality Health scheme. Vitality not only protects you should things go awry, but also helps you to lead a healthier lifestyle. In addition to medical cover you will receive great perks such as 50% off a Virgin Active gym membership, up to 75% off spa days at Champneys, free cinema tickets and savings on travel via British Airways and Eurostar!
Kickstart your career at a centre near you
We have over 140 centres nationwide and recruit continuously for all locations.
- Birmingham Handsworth
- Birmingham Harborne
- Birmingham Kings Heath
- Birmingham Longbridge
- Birmingham Mere Green
- Birmingham Wylde Green
- Birmingham Yardley
- Bristol Bradley Stoke
- Bristol Cabot Circus
- Bristol Emersons Green
- Leamington Spa
- Leeds Crown Point
- Leeds Moortown
- Leicester Fosse Park
- Leicester Highcross
- London Abbey Wood
- London Barking
- London Brixton
- London Crouch End
- London Ealing
- London East Sheen
- London Edmonton
- London Enfield
- London Finchley
- London Fulham
- London Greenwich
- London Hampton
- London Harrow
- London Hayes
- London Hounslow
- London Ilford
- London Islington
- London Lewisham
- London Merton
- London New Barnet
- London New Cross Gate
- London Palmers Green
- London Queensbury
- London Ruislip
- London Sydenham
- London Wandsworth
- London Wembley
- London West Hampstead
- London Westfield Shepherd’s Bush
- London Whitechapel
- London Willesden
- London Wood Green
- Luton Bramingham Park
- Luton Dunstable Road
Priority Assistant Director Vacancies
- London – Crouch End, Wood Green, Ealing, Finchley, Edmonton, Edgware – Queensbury, Wembley, Fulham, West Hampstead, Westfield
- Hertfordshire – St. Albans, Welwyn Garden City
- Bedfordshire – Luton
- Surrey – Staines, Farnham, Camberley
- Cambridgeshire – Peterborough
Don’t worry if you don’t see your preferred centre here – you will be able to chat to the talent team about your location options when you apply.