COVID-19: MEMBERS UPDATE
We are closely following Government guidance and will continue to update this page with important information about how the latest restrictions impact our centres.
Monday 12th April 2021
Our centres in England have reopened and are ready to welcome back our members for in-person tuition. Our centres in Wales and Scotland are still operating on an online only basis in accordance with local Government guidance.
We will continue to monitor the Government guidance for each of our locations and will keep all members updated with any changes. When we are able to re-open, your child will return to the original booking time that you were attending prior to your online sessions.
What does the National Lockdown mean for me?
We are passionate about keeping education going and being able to continue your child’s progress.
That’s why we’ve made sure that whilst our centres are closed, you will be able to attend your weekly sessions online.
How will the online sessions work?
The format of these sessions will vary depending on your membership type.
See below for more details.
I am an Explore in Centre member - how does this work for me?
- To replace your in-centre sessions, we will be delivering online group sessions where a tutor will support up to six children, like your child’s session in-centre, to develop key maths and literacy skills needed for your child to succeed this academic year. As an Explore in Centre member, you will be invited to attend two online sessions each week.
- If you attend any of our Specialist Courses then these sessions will remain the same.
- We appreciate that every child is different, and that the online group sessions may not be suitable for everyone. If you have any concerns, please contact your centre team to discuss the possibility of an alternative.
I am an Explore it All member - how does this work for me?
- To replace your in-centre session, you child will be invited to an online group session where a tutor will support up to six children to develop key maths and literacy skills needed for your child to succeed this academic year.
I am an Explore at Home member - how does this work for me?
- Your membership will stay exactly the same and will be unaffected by these recent restrictions.
When will the group sessions be?
- We will endeavour to keep the day and time of your group online sessions as close as possible to your existing centre sessions with Explore Learning.
- Your centre team will be in touch to confirm the times of your online sessions, and to provide you with a calendar invite through which to join your tutor via Microsoft Teams. We have guides available if you need Technical Support.
What else is available to me?
We will be running some exciting live and virtual lessons throughout the lockdown that your child is welcome to join.
Unlimited access to your
You have unlimited access to your child’s learning programme, which is available through the Members’ Area so that they can continue to practice as much as they like.
What happens now?
You will be contacted by your centre team (if you haven’t been already) or via email explaining how we will be supporting families with group sessions while the centres are temporarily closed.
You will receive a calendar invite from your centre team via email – this will contain a
Microsoft Teams link to join your online lesson.
If you haven’t experienced online lessons with Explore Learning before, we would recommend using our
Help & Support page for further information on logging into your sessions from home.
What happens when the centre re-opens?
We will continue to assess the situation with regards to the centre reopening and will keep you up to date with any new developments throughout the lockdown period.
At the point of reopening for in-centre sessions, your child will return to the current booking times that you have been attending.
In the meantime, please stay safe. If you would like to speak to one of your centre managers, please call or email them directly. We are happy to help.