Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

There are many ways to get support with your Explore Learning membership. We are registered as a Childcare provider on the Ofsted Voluntary Childcare Register in England, and with the Care Inspectorate in Scotland*. This means that many families are able to receive financial support with their membership costs. We also offer a scholarship programme – find out more.

To find out our membership prices, find your nearest centre.


What financial support are you eligible for?

Childcare Vouchers and Tax Free Childcare

Childcare Voucher scheme is closed to new entrants on the 4th October, but Explore Learning will continue to accept CCVs from those who are already receiving them. They are a tax-efficient way of paying for childcare, where you exchange a part of your gross salary for Childcare Vouchers which is tax-free and exempt from National Insurance contributions.

Tax Free Childcare is an new initiative from the government that started rolling out from Spring 2017. Eligible families will be able to receive support with 20% of their childcare costs. This means, for every £80 parents pay in, the government will pay in £20 (up to £2000 per child per year) to cover costs of approved childcare, like Explore Learning.

Download more information about Childcare Vouchers and Tax Free Childcare below.


Childcare Grant

A Childcare Grant is available to full-time students with a low household income and dependent children who are in approved childcare. This is also known as the Childcare Fund in Scotland.

You may be eligible for help with your learning costs if you:

  • are a full-time higher education student
  • have children under 15, or under 17 if they have special educational needs

Download more information about how to find out whether you’re eligible for a Childcare Grant and how to claim them below.


Working Tax Credit and Universal Credit

You may qualify for Working Tax Credit to help pay for some of your childcare costs while you are working.

Universal Credit will replace Working Tax Credit and many other benefits. Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across the UK. When your area moves to Universal Credit you’ll receive information from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) if you are already in receipt of an applicable benefit.

Find out more about how to claim Working Tax Credit and Universal Credit with our free download.


Our scholarship scheme

What is the scholarship scheme?

We offer a fantastic scholarship scheme which gives a 50% discount to parents receiving Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance.

Because of its popularity, spaces are limited on the scholarship scheme and there may be a waiting list in place at your chosen centre. Chat to the team at your local Explore Learning for more information about availability.

How does it work?

If your chosen centre has a space, we will ask you to bring proof of eligibility to your free trial session. For families receiving Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support, this could be either a letter from your local Job Centre or a bank statement.

Once you become a member on our scholarship scheme, we will ask you to show ongoing proof at regular intervals. If you start working, you may find that the Working Tax Credit/Universal Credit Childcare Allowance is more suitable support for you.

Got questions? Get in touch with your nearest Explore Learning centre today and the team will be happy to help!


Tell a friend and save!

Tell a friend about us and you can save £5 a month on your Explore Learning membership for every child you joins based on your referral!

Remember, you can refer a friend to any one of our nationwide centres – all they have to do is mention you when they book their free trial! 


Ready to get started?