Terms and conditions
Explore Learning Writers’ Awards – 28th September-28th October 2020
1. The competition is open to children aged 4 – 14 years.
2. The competition will close at midnight on Wednesday 28th October 2020. Any entries submitted after this time may not be considered.
3. All stories should be submitted in English.
4. The adult submitting the story on behalf of the entrant, will be asked to provide the entrant’s details and ensure that they have parental permission to do so. The 5. Adult may be the child’s parent, guardian or teacher.
6. Entries can only be accepted online via the submission form.
7. Only one entry per child permitted and must be wholly written by the entrant. Stories cannot be written by more than one person. If more than one entry is submitted, only the entrant’s first submission will be considered.
8. Entrants agree that Explore Learning may publish their story on our website for the duration of 5 years, after which all names and attribution will be removed.
9. There will be a winner selected from each of Key Stages 1, 2 and 3, with the prizes available including an iPad, Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil PLUS £250 in experience vouchers towards their own passion and talents. There will also be a competition winner selected from the top three who will win an additional 13″ MacBook Pro and an additional £750 in experience vouchers.
10. The overall winning child’s school will receive £500 worth of books.
11. The prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
12. The winners must agree to participate in reasonable publicity and agree to publication of their names, photo and entries by Explore Learning and other selected publications organised by Third City.
13. Explore Learning accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed.
14. The entry must be 500 words or fewer.
Explore Learning Competition Terms and conditions: 18th November – 6th December 2020