Love learning this half term
April 10, 2017
Half term is a great chance to enjoy some family time together and have fun! We’ve got some tips for ways you can keep your child’s brain active at the same time…
You might hear the kids groan when you suggest some educational activities outside of school, but there are plenty of ways you can engage them with learning without them realising! Here are five top tips:
- Play some board games together. Many use maths, language, memory and logic skills. Try Bananagrams, Sum Fun, Yahtzee or 5 Second Rule.
- Write a blog about what you did as a family over the holiday – and we’d love it if you share it with us too!
- Read, read and read some more! This is a lovely thing to do as a family. If your child’s not so keen to read, then why not pick a book that’s been made into a film? Encourage your child to read the book and then have a movie night to watch the story unfold on screen.
- Bake a cake. Your child can practise their measurements, spatial awareness skills and even fractions to cut the cake into equal pieces.
- Get gardening. Spring has sprung and the garden can be a great way to encourage curiosity in your child – such exploring the names of plants, or even counting the level in a rain catcher! You can also get some great learning ideas in the garden from http://www.muddyfaces.co.uk/.
Mastering new skills, inside and outside of the classroom, is incredibly rewarding. That’s why at Explore Learning, we believe it’s important to get the right balance of nurturing, learning and results. Find out how we do this at a free trial.
Discover more interesting posts from our blog
The great outdoors for great learning
November 02, 2016
“If you want to get children of any age interested in the world around them, you have to get them outside!” Mike Ridealgh was a Geography teacher at...Read this post
Our members seized the summer in style!
September 15, 2017
We held a photo competition over the holidays for our members to show us how they were seizing the summer, and they certainly did it in style! The summer holidays are a...Read this post