All of our Head Office teams enter through different routes, many have worked up through our talent pathway whilst others come straight in to different department and functions. Whichever team you’re joining your starting salary will be agreed dependent on the role that you’re taking on, your level of experience and your qualifications. We conduct annual pay reviews which are completely performance governed and tailored to mirror your development.
Everyone in Head Office is united by the common purpose of wanting our centres to succeed and be the absolute best they can be in all areas of our Vision. As such every member of every team in the office will have an element of their bonus linked to the whole companies’ performance and KPI targets, in addition you’ll have a bonus element that is aligned to the department and individual targets set specifically for the team that you work in.
To make sure we are looking after your future, we will make up to an 8% matching pension contribution for all Head Office Staff.
- Social Events – We are quite a big sprawling team at Head Office, broadly speaking Guildford is our main base, and home of the Explore Towers but with our remote workers we spread the whole country! Each month we publish our social calendar which shows you all the events and birthdays and important dates that are happening that month. We like to be social and have a range of activities, office Yoga and Pilates are available, as well as softball and netball. Other (less active) events include BBQ’s, trips to the polo and wine tasting. Whatever you’re into we’re always looking for ideas and suggestions so you can always get involved in putting things out there and bringing us together!
- Celebrations – Explorers love absolutely any opportunity for a get together and every year we have our glamorous Recognition Awards Dinner (the RADs) which is a swish black tie event with a delicious meal, disco and our spectacular Recognition Awards ceremony. In the summer we have an all-out Explore Fest which kick starts a Well-Being day and our Summer Conference, this is a huge fancy dress filled and BBQ fuelled get together in Hampshire and launches us into a wonderful company training event with free health and fitness classes available too.
- Quarterly Competitions – There are nearly 100 of us that work for Head Office and we’re all quite competitive, we split each department into different teams and strive towards individual and team targets based on we contribute to helping centres sales targets. Each quarter the team that has achieved the highest % over their target is rewarded with half a day off and a generous budget for a prize of their choice. So far teams have been pampered at spa days, unlocked their inner Sherlock on organised mystery days, gone on theatre trips and learnt how to cook at swanky restaurants.
- A Dedicated Wellbeing committee – Our people are what makes Explore so special, so we really want to look after you, and make sure you’re looking after yourself. Our committee can offer support to you and provide you with resources and recommendations that will help you put your welfare first and equip you to juggle things both in work and out.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – If you’re passionate about the environment and your physical wellbeing then take advantage of our cycle to work scheme. Essentially it means we’ll put up the initial outlay for your snazzy new wheels and you can pay us back over time, tax free – win win!
- Payroll Giving – We’ve got this set up to help you get that warm fuzzy feeling from doing something good. Donating to your chosen charity is easy peasy done through payroll and it means that all of your donations are tax free.
- Maternity Package – You will be supported all the way through your pregnancy at Explore. We have a ‘Mum’s the Word’ scheme, where we put you in touch with a buddy who has already been through the process and you will have one to one HR support right up to your return date.
- Holiday Allowance – Whether your dream holiday involves soaking up the sun on a Caribbean isle, battling jungle and climbing mountains, or sipping a cocktail on a European city break, we will make sure you have enough time to do it all. We offer a generous 22 days holiday allowance on top of the 8 bank holidays and an additional 2 days we are closed for. As a big thank you for all your hard work, we also give you an extra 3 days after 5 years’ service and an additional day on your 6th, 7th and 8th year up to 28 days happy holidaying!
- Staff Discount – We want everyone to benefit from Explore, one of our Values is Family, and so naturally we love to extend that to your family too! We extend an open invitation for them to come and try the centres with the offer of a half price membership should they want to join.
- Childcare Vouchers – You’ll have full access to our CCV scheme which is set up to help working parents’ access and afford quality childcare. Many of our members use CCV’s to pay for our costs and if you’re a parent you can access the scheme too and save as much as £1,000 per year.
- Referral Bonus -You’ll discover that with your passion and excitement for your job you’ll have friends and family who want to follow in your footsteps, and if they do we’ll give you lovely £500 for every full time member of staff that you recommend and £50 for every part time member.
Length of Service
- Enhanced Maternity Pay – When you have been with us for 3 years, you will be entitled to our generous maternity pay package.
- Life Assurance – When you join, you will receive Life Assurance. As well as covering you if the worst were to happen (your chosen beneficiaries would be paid 4 times your annual salary if you were to pass away whilst an employee at Explore), the scheme sets you up with your own personalised Employee Assistance Programme where professionally trained consultants will be available at any time to support you with any personal or work related issues.
- Vitality Health Insurance – After 2 years of service with us you’ll be given the chance to join our Vitality Health Insurance. Vitality not only protects you should things go awry, but also helps you to lead a healthier lifestyle. In addition to medical cover you will receive great perks such as 50% off a Virgin Active gym membership, up to 75% off spa days at Champneys, free cinema tickets and savings on travel via British Airways and Eurostar!
- Award Winning Learning and Development Programme – Just like our members we never stop learning. Learning and development will be part of daily life throughout your whole career journey at Explore. Idea sharing days, coaching, mentoring and use of our fantastic e-learning platform are all choices for you to feed your development.
Kickstart your career at a centre near you
We have over 140 centres nationwide and recruit continuously for all locations.
- Leamington Spa
- Leeds Crown Point
- Leeds Moortown
- Leicester Fosse Park
- London Abbey Wood
- London Barking
- London Brixton
- London Edmonton
- London Enfield
- London Finchley
- London Greenwich
- London Hampton
- London Harrow
- London Hayes
- London Hounslow
- London Islington
- London Merton
- London New Barnet
- London New Cross Gate
- London Palmers Green
- London Ruislip
- London Sydenham
- London Wembley
- London West Hampstead
- London Westfield Shepherd’s Bush
- London Whitechapel
- London Willesden
- London Wood Green
- Luton Bramingham Park
- Luton Dunstable Road