Top ten National Young Writers’ entries!
June 20, 2016
We had over 10,000 entries to our National Young Writers’ Awards this year, and we were really impressed by the nation’s story-writing skills! Here, we reveal the top ten finalists…
There were so many fantastic entries which made our job of whittling them down to just ten finalists very difficult. But after reading the stories from the below young writers, we knew there was a possible winner among them.
We’re delighted to reveal the names of the finalists (in no particular order) – well done to all of you!
- Theodore Moran, aged 10, Lyndhurst Primary School, Brixton, London
- Gracie Harding, aged 11, The Westgate School, Winchester
- Nanw Llwyd, aged 11, Ysgol Brynrefail, Llanrug, Caernarfon, Wales
- Christian Agwu, aged 13, Harris Academy, New Cross Gate, London
- Ramisa Alim, aged 9, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Birmingham
- Imisi Fakunle, aged 13, St George School for Girls, Edinburgh
- Rosie Lovell, aged 9, St John’s School, Digswell, from Welwyn (Hertfordshire)
- Oliver Lewis, aged 5, from East Sussex
- Laila Fazal-Butt, aged 11, Stoke Poges School, from Slough
- Max Landau, aged 12, Venice International School
The winner will be announced on Wednesday 22nd June, so keep an eye on our website and social media!
Discover more interesting posts from our blog
Explore Learning’s ‘Team Marvellous’ Raise over £500 for Charity Partner in Reading Half Marathon
April 04, 2016
We’re really proud of our Explore team who raised £585 for charity partner, Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity! Four team members, Charlotte Gater,...Read this post
Review: Bad case of kid envy at KidZania
February 07, 2017
Have you been to KidZania? Carey Ann Dodah, Director of Curriculum Strategy at Explore Learning, recently visited the child-sized city in London and shares her...Read this post