Top ten National Young Writers’ entries!
June 20, 2016
We had over 10,000 entries to our National Young Writers’ Awards this year, and we were really impressed by the nation’s story-writing skills! Here, we reveal the top ten finalists…
There were so many fantastic entries which made our job of whittling them down to just ten finalists very difficult. But after reading the stories from the below young writers, we knew there was a possible winner among them.
We’re delighted to reveal the names of the finalists (in no particular order) – well done to all of you!
- Theodore Moran, aged 10, Lyndhurst Primary School, Brixton, London
- Gracie Harding, aged 11, The Westgate School, Winchester
- Nanw Llwyd, aged 11, Ysgol Brynrefail, Llanrug, Caernarfon, Wales
- Christian Agwu, aged 13, Harris Academy, New Cross Gate, London
- Ramisa Alim, aged 9, Holy Trinity Catholic School, Birmingham
- Imisi Fakunle, aged 13, St George School for Girls, Edinburgh
- Rosie Lovell, aged 9, St John’s School, Digswell, from Welwyn (Hertfordshire)
- Oliver Lewis, aged 5, from East Sussex
- Laila Fazal-Butt, aged 11, Stoke Poges School, from Slough
- Max Landau, aged 12, Venice International School
The winner will be announced on Wednesday 22nd June, so keep an eye on our website and social media!
Discover more interesting posts from our blog
Explore Learning are finalists in the 2021 EducationInvestor Awards
September 06, 2021
We are delighted to be recognised as a finalist in this year’s EducationInvestor awards. These annual awards celebrate excellence and innovation in the...Read this post
Coping skills for stressed parents
June 01, 2021
We’ve put together some simple strategies and coping skills for stressed parents that you can use to manage your stress. Whether you’re in need of long-term...Read this post