National Young Writers’ Awards: Announcing the top 10 stories!
June 05, 2017
We’re excited to announce the top 10 finalists of our National Young Writers’ Awards – one of them will go on to be crowned the National Young Writer of the Year 2017!
We read so many fantastic entries to our National Young Writers Awards, which made it very difficult to choose just 10 finalists. The standard of story-writing was incredibly high, and we’re delighted to reveal the authors of the top 10 stories (in no particular order) – very well done to all of you!
- Jessica Earwicker, aged 6, from Bournemouth
- Joseph Ryan, aged 9, from Woking
- Oliver Roscoe, aged 11, from Watford
- Muhammad Affan Junaid, aged 10, from Mitcham
- Tara Sapkota, aged 13, from Slough
- David Williams, aged 12, from Barking
- Sophia Aleksina, aged 9, from Winnersh
- Libby Glyn, aged 12, from Leeds
- Elliot, aged 10, from Islington
- Sofia Jenkins, aged 5, from Sheen
We’ve created a special online book to showcase the wonderfully imaginative stories by our finalists – download it here!
The winner will be announced the week beginning 19th June, so don’t forget to keep an eye on our website and social media!
Discover more interesting posts from our blog
Finding the funny: Advice on writing a comedy
June 04, 2019
How do you write a comedy? Jeff Norton is the best-selling author of nine novels for young people – read his advice for finding the funny… I always thought...Read this post
How to choose the right secondary school
September 19, 2018
Choosing the right secondary school can seem like a daunting process, for parents and children! Here are a few top tips to help you make the right decision…...Read this post